It’s rare these days that I have clients that only wear suits for work. The world of business casual means unlimited possibilities but it can be confusing when you want to appear powerful.
Enter the Blazer, a year-round staple.
- It adds a layer of authority for Spring’s short sleeves.
- Go beyond basic black by investing in pattern, color, or details such as exposed zippers.
- An ill fitted or poor quality blazer is hard to disguise so avoid fast fashion here.
Need to rationalize the investment?
Use my Cost Per Wear rule. Think about all the different items you can wear with it that already exist in your wardrobe. Have 5 items in mind, take the price and divide by 5. Viola, smart shopping strategy.
I’ve styled some spring outfit options that will have you looking like a boss, a stylish one.
- Elevate a basic black sheath dress with a black + white print for serious work environments. Add a pop of color with your jewelry.
- Set a more polished tone to printed pants allowing you to feel confident in a presentation. Pair with closed toe shoes + a great cuff.
- My fave combo is pairing a short jacket with a printed dress that takes you from desk to client dinners. Or let’s you play with your kids when you get home. The focus is the dress so keep accessories to a minimum.